5 Best Football Helmet for Adult : Pick Your Best One
If you have broken a few bones while playing Football with friends, then think what going pro could do. The game can be brutal and there is always a chance of getting nasty injuries. In such a situation you have to protect your head at all costs. And hence, there is a need to get yourself a good football helmet to keep your brain in a working condition inside your head. This article helps you choose the adult helmet that you are looking for.
Best Football Helmet for Adult
1. Schutt Vengeance Pro Adult Football Helmet
Playing football is not a walk in the park. And for that reason, you will need a helmet that can protect you no matter what. So, let’s start the list off with one that specializes in keeping you safe.
- It has been given a 5 star given by the folks at Virginia Tech Helmet Ratings and trust me, those guys don’t mess around.
- They have cut done to a single layer of TPU to reduce the weight that your head needs to carry.
- Despite having only one layer, it does do a good job of protecting you against all kinds of blows.
- The liners are made comfortable with TPU acting as an outer layer.
- There is a great combination of inflatable and non-inflatable liners to be comfortable and adjustable at the same time.
Schutt definitely has produced one great helmet. With a reasonable price and availability in several colors, your eyes should definitely be on this one.
2. Riddell SpeedFlex Adult Football Helmet
To sum it up, a rival to the former. Riddell has also proved that it can produce some high-quality helmets with the top priority being the wearer’s safety.
- This one has also acquired 5-stars at the test by Virginia Tech Helmet Ratings. So you got your professional advice right there.
- It has made a lot of people feel safe because of its noteworthy concussion plates.
- The helmet comes with a face mask, internal web, and pads as a whole. You also get the necessary hardware to attach these.
- Talking about safety, it has patented side impact protection to keep you safe from blows from your side and the shell is made out of polycarbonate material.
- It has incorporated a Flex system that provides flexibility to the shell, clips, and mask to absorb impact.
The only reason this helmet was placed second was that it can leave you broke. But if you got a few extra bucks to spare, actually a lot of extra bucks to spare then this is the way to go.
3. Schutt F7 VTD Adult Football Helmet
This helmet is designed to take some punishment. Hence, without a tad of doubt, it will help you survive any gruesome game.
- It has multiple layers of protection including a layer of Tectonic plates that have large shock absorption capabilities.
- There are internal and external stabilizers that help you keep the balance even while taking some damage.
- The face mask included is light and made up of carbon steel.
- It includes an inflatable linter that means that the fit can be customized. Also, the TPU cushioning helps to keep you comfortable.
- A radial diffusion system helps you protect you against twisting forces and gives you better freedom of movement.
A lot of features let the helmet be a perfect aid for any speedster while also carrying out safety regulations required. Though the price is a bit much, it definitely worth every penny.
4. Schutt Sports Varsity AiR XP Pro VTD II
It is surely no new game for Schutt to produce a good helmet. With a classic look, this helmet is surely one that you would want to try on. Moreover, it comes in a lot of colours for you to choose from.
- A 5-star rating from the VA Tech Star system is truly a good pro to the helmet.
- The shell of the helmet is larger than it appears. Thus making you look bigger and giving you a very aggressive look.
- Two words to describe the helmet: fast and lightweight. In a game, these things make a huge difference. Therefore you have all the more reasons to buy this one.
- Complete with inter-link haw pads, cushioning and liners aided by TPU and a good quality chinstrap.
- Though not including a face mask may seem like a disadvantage, it means that you can buy one that matches your specs. Such as the position you play on, how much you need to see and so on.
A helmet that gives you a lot of reasons to have it by your side. Coming along with its graceful curves and its slick looks at a much more comfortable price line, this does prove to be a match for the two above.
5. Rawling Adult Impulse
Finally, a helmet that is more suited to your budget. Though the helmet might feel a league below to the rest of the items on the list, it is worth a look.
- It is approved by NOCSAE which stands for National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment, incase you don’t know.
- The helmet is extremely lightweight and very comfortable to wear.
- It is possible to fit an air pump on it. Of course, you have to buy it separately.
- A polycarbonate shell keeps you safe and the heat exchange vents help you stay cool.
- Though a face maks does not come with it, it does provide you with some durable facemask clips
The price point is kept in mind while making this helmet and it shows. Definitely, one that you should check out.
Buying guide For Adult Football Helmets
There is always a chance that you are not quite satisfied with any of the helmets on the list. If that, in fact, is the case then you need to know certain things before looking for the helmet you need. For that reason, this guide will prove useful.
Factors to consider
- The shell – The first thing that comes between your head and any force out there on the field should be up to some marks.
- It should be able to take some damage and be durable.
- Look for good quality materials such as ABS plastic or high-performance polycarbonate.
- To reduce heat, proper ventilation must be provided.
- The padding – Almost all of the force from impacts and blows out there in the field is absorbed by the padding. Hence no compromise is acceptable in its quality.
- It should have very large shock absorption capabilities.
You might have seen the word TPU coming up a lot of times in this article. It stands for Thermoplastic Polyurethane and the stuff is capable of absorbing a lot of force while keeping you comfortable.
- You should be comfortable and not feel strained while the padding does its job.
- Inflatable or pre-sized padding is a good way to go.
- An adjustable fit is always desired when it comes to padding.
- The face mask – Face masks are crucial when it comes to all the dangers that your face can take. If your helmet does not come with one or you still want to buy one then there are a lot of things you need to keep in mind.
- It should be very strong and durable.
- It should be made of lightweight materials such as carbon steel, which does not add much weight to the helmet.
- The position you play in factors in a lot while buying a face mask. The oral protection you need, the field of vision you need, jaw protection and so on are all vital to your safety and crucial to the game.
- A face mask with a quick-release mechanism is a smart thing to have. Since, in the event that something bad actually happens, people will be able to help you faster.
- Accessories – Accessories can be a good aid to you and even help you win a game depending on the conditions. Therefore, if your helmet doe not come with proper accessories then buy them yourselves.
- Eye Shields and visors provide extra eye protection while at the same time not affecting your field of vision.
- Chin straps are responsible for securing your helmet to your head. Better their quality, better the game will be for you.
- Mouthguards protect from the injuries that sometimes you yourself can case to your mouth and teeth.
- The cost – Cost consideration is a weighing factor to any kind of purchase that you make. Moreover, it is no secret that each specification that your helmet has or each accessory you buy adds on a few bucks. So it is reasonable to only buy what you need. So be thorough in your search to find the helmet that provides you with everything you need at your budget.
There are a lot of helmet brands available in the market. These helmet guide helps thin out the herd if you are looking to buy one. Hope it helped.